[Date Prev][Date Next]
Some simple OpenLDAP questions.
- To: "Openldap list" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Some simple OpenLDAP questions.
- From: "West, Michael, Jr (Mike)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:20:04 -0600
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcSV0HUo9yffrsu/S+e7kbcoQer26Q==
- Thread-topic: Some simple OpenLDAP questions.
I found my previous error, but I would still would like to
ask a few sanity-check questions.
The basic flow of the application is to repeatedly invoke
the following messages:
- ldap_set_option() (to version 3)
- ldap_simple_bind_s() (null password; directory requires none)
- ldap_search_ext_s() (single element lookup; returns single element)
My questions are:
- Am I calling the right functions in the right order to do
what I want?
- Is it OK to call _initialize, _bind, and _unbind repeatedly
like that? (I know it is not optimal, but is it OK?)
- Can I safely ignore the issue of control lists? (I am completely
ignoring that entire issue.)
Thank you in advance.