LDAP-DB-crash after server-powerloss ?

Hello everybody !

We had an LDAP-Directory with about 200 entries but after an powerloss
it seems that alle entries are lost.
We use Open-LDAP 2.1.30 on Debian 3.0 with bdb.
The machine was running the whole time fine and I added a lots of
entries.
But after the powerloss there are only very old entries available, the
biggest part seems to be lost.
Unfortunately I have no Backup of the database. But is it possible, that
all entries are lost because of an incorrect shutdown?

If I try to add an entry now which existed before the crash, I get the
message, that this entry still exists, but I can't see/find the entry in
the directory with LDAP-Browser oder ldapsearch-command. Maybe only the
indexes are destroyed?

I tried to use the db3_recover-command to recover the database but It
wasn't successful.
Are there any possibilities I can try to rescue the data?
Thank you for your help.
Greetings,

Stefan