Re: how to make email address as unique in openldap database

tir, 31.08.2004 kl. 03.59 skrev Bala:

>        I am testing out openldap to store user
> details and authendication information for qmail,
> in that I want to make user email address as unique.
>
>   ie, while adding new user, if the email address
> already exist in the ldap db, then it should give
> error and should not be get added, how to do that??
> or just point me where to read more about this??
> which part of config file and schema need to be
> changed??

This is a Unix sysadmin question, not an Openldap question. I just added
1100+ users to an Openldap DIT from a list of first, middle, last names
using 100% awk to make the ldif file and giving the uids it produced to
sort. Amazing how many jdevries'es there are in Holland ;)

--Tonni

--
They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they,
Oh who will think a boy and bear

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl