Re: schema error

On 20-Aug-04, at 3:41 PM, Dieter Kluenter wrote:

| The attribute that have the error is the following :
| attributetype ( NAME 'mailReplyText'
|         DESC 'A reply text for every incoming message'
|         SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
|         SYNTAX{4096} SINGLE-VALUE )

There is an EQUALITY Matching Rule missing.

Indeed. Before you replied, I managed to figure it out by taking Quanah's recommendation of comparing other schema entries with similar syntax. I discovered the EQUALITY rule was missing as well.

This is a problem with the qmail-ldap schemas, which has been

Quanah replied to this original thread a bit later on confirming the issue was with the SUBSTR type and suggested investigating the caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch. To which I have done, also to no avail:

line 81 (attributetype ( NAME
'mailReplyText'  DESC 'A reply text for every incoming message' SUBSTR
caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch SYNTAX{4096}  SINGLE-VALUE ))
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/qmail.schema6: line 81: AttributeType
inappropriate matching rule: "caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch"

Any other suggestions?

The Syntax is 'directory string', therefore 'caseIgnoreIASubstringMatch' is inappropriate

Yes, this was me shooting in the dark because the RFCs are still somewhat largely over my head.

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
Tel.: +49.40.64861967
Fax : +49.40.64891521