Re: schema error

Sorry to break in here.  I'm having the same issue.

On 22-Jul-04, at 7:33 AM, Buchan Milne wrote:

| But when i start ldap server i have the following error:
| /etc/openldap/schema/qmailuser.schema: line 82: AttributeType
inappropriate matching rule: "caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch"

| The attribute that have the error is the following :
| attributetype ( NAME 'mailReplyText'
|         DESC 'A reply text for every incoming message'
|         SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
|         SYNTAX{4096} SINGLE-VALUE )

| I use openldap2 2.2.6.

I use OpenLDAP 2.2.15.

This is a problem with the qmail-ldap schemas, which has been corrected.
Please get a new copy (and, preferably ask questions regarding 3rd-party
~~ schemas on the list dedicated to that 3rd-party software).

I did email both the qmail and qmail-ldap list beforehand to inquire about this issue. The former directed me to the latter; the latter didn't reply, period :(

(BTW, you may be able to use this schema file if you have trouble
getting it out of the patch:
http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SPECS/ openldap/qmail.schema?rev=1.2)

I've obtained the new schema from the link you provided, to which I still got the same error.

Quanah replied to this original thread a bit later on confirming the issue was with the SUBSTR type and suggested investigating the caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch. To which I have done, also to no avail:

line 81 (attributetype ( NAME 'mailReplyText' DESC 'A reply text for every incoming message' SUBSTR caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch SYNTAX{4096} SINGLE-VALUE ))
/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/qmail.schema6: line 81: AttributeType inappropriate matching rule: "caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch"

Any other suggestions?

- --
Buchan Milne                      Senior Support Technician
Obsidian Systems                  http://www.obsidian.co.za
B.Eng                                RHCE (803004789010797)
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)