Re: replica, slave -----> master, update ?

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Friday, August 20, 2004 4:20 PM +0200 André Chamouleau <Andre.Chamouleau@uhb.fr> wrote:

Hi,
I configured a slave ldap server and a master ldap server, But the
'updateref' doesn't work,
When I insert/update/delete the data in slave ldap server, The change
will go directly to slave
and never go to master server, Did anybody know what's happen and how to
solve this issue?

How are you inserting the change? ldapadd? slapadd? Are you binding to the replica as the updatedn?

I would guess, from looking at his slave config which has identical rootdn and updatedn, that he bound to the replica as the rootdn and got the updatedn's privileges. This is why the documentation says to use two distinct values for updatedn and rootdn.

--
 -- Howard Chu