replica, slave -----> master, update ?

I configured a slave ldap server and a master ldap server, But the 'updateref' doesn't work,
When I insert/update/delete the data in slave ldap server, The change will go directly to slave
and never go to master server, Did anybody know what's happen and how to solve this issue?

the slapd.conf of master is(under mandrake10 ,openldap 2.2.13):

database          bdb
suffix                "dc=ldap,dc=uhb,dc=fr"
rootdn             "cn=Manager, dc=ldap,dc=uhb,dc=fr"
rootpw            secret
directory          /usr/local/var/openldap-data
replogfile          /usr/local/var/openldap-slurp/replog
replica             uri=ldap://
                    binddn="cn=Manager, dc=example, dc=com"
                    bindmethod=simple            credentials=secret

the sldap.conf of slave is(under windows2000,Openldap 2.1.16):

database           bdb
suffix                "dc=ldap,dc=uhb,dc=fr"
rootdn              "cn=Manager, dc=ldap,dc=uhb,dc=fr"
updatedn          "cn=Manager,dc=ldap,dc=uhb,dc=fr"
updateref          uri=ldap://
rootpw             secret

Thanks for your time