Re: OpenLDAP with back-sql schemacheck

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:07:44 +0200
Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

> Remco Post wrote:
> >I guess that is my problem, posixaccount has an axillary relation to
> >top, but no structural. I guess I could change te world around by
> >adding a person objectclass to my records, to fix this, provided that
> >the other problem I mentiond, and you are fixing now is solved....
> >

> The current code in HEAD fixes your problems, i.e. you can explicitly
> ask for objectClasses define din ldap_entry_objclasses in ldapsearch;

cool, I've just check HEAD out and am now building it. You don't happen
to have a diff specific for this against 2.2.15? It would be nice to
make just this one change. Well, if not, no problem....

> you can also filter for those objectClasses.  There are a few more
> cleanups and I'm preparing a test for back-sql that should get rid of
> all problems we're seeing right now by requiring functional features
> not to be lost within code improvements.
> Due to the nature of back-sql, the test is disbaled by default; one
> needs to
> explicitly enable it AFTER configuring and populating an appropriate

of course, but being able to test is great. Btw, making the
inetOrgPerson the 'main' objectclass for my ldap entries does help with
the schemacheck problem.

> p.
>     SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax:
>     +390382476497

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams