Re: OpenLDAP with back-sql schemacheck

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:07:44 +0200
Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

> Remco Post wrote:
>
> >I guess that is my problem, posixaccount has an axillary relation to
> >top, but no structural. I guess I could change te world around by
> >adding a person objectclass to my records, to fix this, provided that
> >the other problem I mentiond, and you are fixing now is solved....
> >

> The current code in HEAD fixes your problems, i.e. you can explicitly
> ask for objectClasses define din ldap_entry_objclasses in ldapsearch;

cool, I've just check HEAD out and am now building it. You don't happen
to have a diff specific for this against 2.2.15? It would be nice to
make just this one change. Well, if not, no problem....

> you can also filter for those objectClasses.  There are a few more
> cleanups and I'm preparing a test for back-sql that should get rid of
> all problems we're seeing right now by requiring functional features
> not to be lost within code improvements.
>
> Due to the nature of back-sql, the test is disbaled by default; one
> needs to
> explicitly enable it AFTER configuring and populating an appropriate
> RDBMS.

of course, but being able to test is great. Btw, making the
inetOrgPerson the 'main' objectclass for my ldap entries does help with
the schemacheck problem.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams