Re: AI_ADDRCONFIG in libldap/os-ip.c on solaris9

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Saturday, August 14, 2004 11:32 PM +0200 Mike O'Rourke <mjoop@curia.op.org> wrote:

Hi all,

I am compiling OpenLDAP 2.2.15 on Solaris 9. When I run 'make test',
the first test fails with 'ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)'.

This is just a guess, but if you compiled OpenLDAP with the tcp wrapper support, add slapd entry in hosts.allow for localhost ( If you share you build procedure and test logs, we might be able to help you better.

I generally advise against using Solaris 9. Sun changed the threading structure between Solaris 8 and Solaris 9. My experiments with OpenLDAP found that it is much more responsive and stable when used with Solaris 8.

In my testing I found virtually no difference between Solaris 8 and 9. Actually Solaris 9 performed better for me, I presume because of improved file system and networking performance. I've run OpenLDAP (various versions including 2.2.15) on Solaris 9 for several years in a very busy environment without performance or stability issues.