Re: AI_ADDRCONFIG in libldap/os-ip.c on solaris9

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Saturday, August 14, 2004 11:32 PM +0200 Mike O'Rourke <mjoop@curia.op.org> wrote:

Hi all,

I am compiling OpenLDAP 2.2.15 on Solaris 9. When I run 'make test',
the first test fails with 'ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)'.

This is just a guess, but if you compiled OpenLDAP with the tcp wrapper support, add slapd entry in hosts.allow for localhost (127.0.0.1). If you share you build procedure and test logs, we might be able to help you better.

I generally advise against using Solaris 9. Sun changed the threading structure between Solaris 8 and Solaris 9. My experiments with OpenLDAP found that it is much more responsive and stable when used with Solaris 8.

In my testing I found virtually no difference between Solaris 8 and 9. Actually Solaris 9 performed better for me, I presume because of improved file system and networking performance. I've run OpenLDAP (various versions including 2.2.15) on Solaris 9 for several years in a very busy environment without performance or stability issues.

--
Igor