SuSE & OpenLDAP RPM

All-
  We are running a number of SuSE linux boxes, and will soon be running
SuSE instances on zVM on a z-Series IBM mainframe.  Two questions for
the list:

1)  Does anyone maintain or know of a repository of SuSE RPMs,
containing "up to date" (2.2.13+) OpenLDAP RPMs (primarily Intel, but
eventually I will also need zSeries)?  Unfortunately, SuSE only seems to
supply 2.2.6 + patches, which I experience some flakiness with.

2)  Does anyone run OpenLDAP on SuSE (or any flavor of Linux) on a
z-Series mainframe?  Has it been a good experience?  Any optimizations
or special settings that have helped performance?

Any input is much appreciated,
-MJS

--
Matthew J. Smith <matt.smith@uconn.edu>