timedate stamps as attributes in ldap???

Not sure if this is even possible. But consider the following:

We setup a real basic ldap structure:

dn: uid=bob,dc=domain,dc=com
uid: bob
cn: Robert
age: 47

I left out objectclasses for brevity. So we have an ldap server with a couple thousand entries like the above. Now, say I add an attribute called datetime:. And I set this value to the current data-time for all the entries in my server:

dn: uid=bob,dc=domain,dc=com
uid: bob
cn: Robert
age: 47
datetime: 8/6/2004 16:67 EST

A few days go bye, and I need to make a change for a given user. Using ldapmodify I change bob's age from 47 to 48. Is there a mechanism in OpenLDAP that can make the following happen:

dn: uid=bob,dc=domain,dc=com
uid: bob
cn: Robert
age: 48
datetime: 8/10/2004 22:67 EST

The datetime gets updated to the exact time of when I issued the ldapmodify command to update bob's age. I need this kind of functionality in my ldap server. I need to be able to do ldapsearch search queries based on the date-time the record was last modified or even added. It seems reasonable that this kind of functionality could be available?!

Any ideas?

-John