Re: Unicode?

--On Friday, August 06, 2004 1:17 PM -0400 Daniel Henninger <daniel@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

Folk,

Unrelated to my previous question... I'm trying to figure out how to get
folks "special characters" into openldap correctly.  A couple of my users
have ... I can't remember the correct word for this, but like a little '
mark above a letter in their name.  If I try to import this into LDAP,
LDAP tells me I suck and refuses to accept the entry.  =)  I just tried
to, using perl's utf8::encode, make sure the string was unicode complient
and upload it that way, but no luck.  Any suggestions?  An earlier
version of ldap seems to accept the string as is, so I'm not sure what's
going on now.

Mime Base64 encoding?

--Quanah

--