Re: slurpd setup - No Replication, but it's all in place...

> I must be so close...
>
> slurpd replication is not working, but when I issue the command:
> ldapsearch -h 10.0.1.5 -W -D
> "uid=Replicator,ou=People,dc=cougarnet,dc=bible,dc=edu" uid=*
> I am successfully shown uid records
>
> On the master: /var/lib/openldap-data/slapd.replog &
> /var/lib/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog contain no data.
>
> # Master slapd.conf:
> replica uri=ldap://10.0.1.5:389
>         binddn="uid=Replicator,ou=People,dc=cougarnet,dc=bible,dc=edu"
>         bindmethod=simple credentials=*****
> replogfile /var/lib/openldap-data/slapd.replog
>
> # Recipient slapd.conf:
> updatedn "cn=Manager,dc=cougarnet,dc=bible,dc=edu"
>         bindmethod=simple credentials=*****
> updateref uri=ldap://10.0.1.5:389

The updatedn on your slave is wrong, it should be
updatedn "uid=Replicator,ou=People,dc=cougarnet,dc=bible,dc=edu"

Also you need to make sure the user
uid=Replicator,ou=People,dc=cougarnet,dc=bible,dc=edu
has write access in all your ACLs on the slave slapd.conf, on the master
it does not matter.

> The master has slurpd and slapd running.
> The recipient has slapd running.
>
> Is there an obvious problem? I've checked the passwords to make sure
> they are right. I'm looking at the log on the recipient and can't find a
> cooresponding "MOD" entry in the logs.
>
> Any idea why this isn't following through? Does the order that I bring
> the various services up matter?

Start your Master
Start your slave
Start slurpd

To see what is going on start slurpd in the command line with debug
mode to see what is going on, e.g:

/opt/local/libexec/slurpd -d -1 -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

 -d -1 means full logs  (you can adjust this to the different debug
levels)

-f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf (point to your master slapd.conf)

HTH,

Diego