Re: OpenLDAP compile with nptl support?

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I ask this question is that when I tried compiling OpenLDAP 2.2.14 on Gentoo linux, it failed finding pthread library/header if nptl enabled. However, if disable nptl, then OpenLDAP 2.2.14 compiles without problem.

I checked SuSe 9.1 on AMD 64 machine (x86_64). The nptl support is not there. Maybe 32-bit code has nptl support enabled?

Anyway, my problem is that after enabling nptl, then "linuxthreads-0.10 by Xavier Leroy" will be replace by a line says "NPTL .....". This causes OpenLDAP config process failed finding pthreads library and exited. Is there a way to tell OpneLDAP to look for different thread library? Or is it possible to have both nptl and old pthread enabled at the same time?

Simon Gao

# /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3 (20040405), by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Configured for i686-suse-linux.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux).
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.4 system on 2004-04-05.
Available extensions:
GNU libio by Per Bothner
crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
linuxthreads-0.10 by Xavier Leroy
GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
NoVersion patch for broken glibc 2.0 binaries
BIND-8.2.3-T5B
libthread_db work sponsored by Alpha Processor Inc
NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
Thread-local storage support included.
Report bugs using the `glibcbug' script to <bugs@gnu.org>.

Howard Chu wrote:

Simon Gao wrote:

Hi,

Anyone has successfully compiles OpenLDAP with nptl support?

Yes. On SuSE 9.1 NPTL is the default, and there are no special options needed to use it.