Re: About the db setting in slapd.conf

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Saturday, July 10, 2004 10:18 AM +0800 Wang Penghui <wangpenghui@realss.com> wrote:

Sorry for my stupid question.
How to make the OpenLDAP server host many dbs?
And how to configure it.

This is, btw, what man pages are generally for. :)

man slapd-bdb:

Standards, Environments, and Macros                  SLAPD-BDB(5)

    directory <directory>
         Specify the directory where the  BDB  files  containing
         this  database and associated indexes live.  A separate
         directory must be specified  for  each  database.   The
         default           is          /usr/local/var/openldap-data.

If two of my openldap-bdb use the same directory, what would happen?

I have made that stupid operation, I found that all the entries in my two bdb have been disappeared.
Is it because this reason or any other better explaination?

Thank you.

Wang Penghui