Re: OpenLDAP 2.1.x to Openldap 2.2.X

--On Tuesday, July 06, 2004 4:38 PM +0100 Jorge Ruão <jruao@fe.up.pt> wrote:

Hi,

I've been running OpenLDAP 2.1.30, for some time, but I'm considering to
change to OpenLDAP 2.2.X, since I'm working with a production Server,
this change between OpenLDAP 2.1.30 to 2.2.X must be done quickly and
with consistence.

Are there major differences that I should be aware off: like acl's or
slapd.conf changes?

The ACL's were made to be more strict in how they are defined. If you used strictly defined acl's in 2.1, you will be fine with 2.2.

If you didn't, you'll have to make them more strict (like dn="<regex>" must be dn.regex="<regex>" if I'm remembering correctly).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer