Re: Using OpenLDAP

ons, 23.06.2004 kl. 19.19 skrev Cody Harris:

> I requried OpenLDAP as a dep on other software, but I was looking at the docs the other night, and was wondering, what do YOU use OpenLDAP for?

> I'm not quite sure I see much of a use for it for me, but maybe you have an inspiring idea...

Everything to do with authentication and authorization for/of users in
my networks, including Unix, X, mail (smtp, IMAP, LDA), Apache, etc.
etc. Without Openldap, network-wide auth. would be out of the question
(yes, I could use some other form of LDAP, but it would have to be LDAP

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl