Re: Replication Problem

Changed the master's slapd.conf to:

replica uri=ldap://cielo.design1.rldp.com

binddn="cn=Replicator,dc=design1,dc=rldp,dc=com"
       bindmethod=simple credentials=secret

Changed the slave's slapd.conf to:
rootpw		secret

It worked. Thanks man. Turn's out my question is
actually lame and the answer is right there in the
conf and HOWTO files all along. I have a lamer
question tho. Does that mean that the password I used
is the actual word "secret" or is it just a mechanism
of slapd to authenticate without exposing the password
in the slapd.conf file? I'm guessing that it's just a
mechanism since i would have to specify
{CLEARTEXT}secret to use the word "secret" as
password. I could be wrong tho. Any url where I can
find docs about this "secret" thing?

--- "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote: > At