Re: SeeAlso

> Folk,
>
> Does anyone know if any clients follow "SeeAlso"?  I'm trying to figure
> out if it's a simple reference, or if clients actually follow it manually
> and pull information from the SeeAlso.  Like:
> if RecordA has SeeAlso: RecordB
> Would a client return the contents of RecordA -and- RecordB or just
> RecordA and the SeeAlso is there for the reader's benefit?

In 2.2, you might implement an overlay for slapd that does so on behalf of
the client; see servers/slapd/overlays/refint.c as an example.
Some time ago, I looked into a similar issue myself, of building aggregate
entries by chasing seeAlso's or other DN-valued attrs, but got stuck with
the problem of ensuring the consistency of the resulting entry.  In fact,
in most if not all the interesting cases, more than a
structuralObjectClass would be required for the resulting entry.

Ciao, p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it