RE: caching magic (was: How to trace activity on Window platform ?)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Thursday, June 17, 2004 4:09 PM -0400 Igor Brezac <igor@ipass.net>
> wrote:
>

> > This can go in DB_CONFIG:
> > http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/api_c/env_set_shm_key.html
>
> True, but I rather not see that documented via OpenLDAP if there's a
> mechanism provided via slapd.conf for doing it, so that we don't end up
> with confused users.

I agree that we should not confuse users.  As things are right now, you
can specify shm_key in slapd.conf, but you cannot specify how much shared
memory to allocate.  This may be confusing to some.

I think it would be cleaner if everything goes to DB_CONFIG or slapd.conf.

--
Igor