Re: Synchronization

--On Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:53 PM -0400 John Klein <zarkon@law.harvard.edu> wrote:

So, we're currently leaning towards #5, but would be interested to know
if there is a better way of implementing this using OpenLDAP (since other
people have presumably done this kind of thing in the past).

We use an event system for these types of things. We have two processes that write to our directory (one for the account tree, one for the person tree). After they finish writing to the directory, they post an event to either the person or account "domain" with their actor ID's. Downstream directory consumers then listen for account or person events from those actor ID's, and go and query the directory for the new information at that time.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer