Re: problem importing entries.

--On Monday, June 14, 2004 12:13 PM -0400 Jim Greene <jwgreene@megalink.net> wrote:

Hi All,
    We are trying to import about 18,000 entries into openldap using a php
script...  After around 3000 entries or so slapd locks up and can only be
killed with a kill -9, then a db_recover and a restart.  I am assuming
something needs to be tuned properly to get things running smoothly?
Below is my slapd.conf  Any help is appreciated:

include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/user.schema

pidfile         /usr/local/var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/run/slapd.args

allow bind_v2
sizelimit       unlimited
cachesize       500000

You want to cache 500,000 entries as active all the time?!

checkpoint      1024 30
database        bdb

What does your DB_CONFIG file have in it?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer