Re: RedHat method of ldap install?

--On Monday, June 14, 2004 9:50 AM -0500 Tim Tyler <tyler@beloit.edu> wrote:

   Openldap and Red Hat experts.
       We have RedHat 9L installed.  We have had a real hard time getting
it to compile and to find the openssl C *.h libraries.   Apparently, the
"CFLAGS = -I" command never works.  RedHat 9 has its openssl compiled
such that the openssl .h files are in /usr/include/openssl directory
which openldap can't find.  CFLAGS is useless in including these files.
   So has anyone successfully compiled openldap with RedHat's openssl in
their default directory?  Does anyone use RPM's for openldap, or do you
stick to doing a source compile?  If so, do you completely install
openssl from scratch as well?  What method have RedHat 9 users
successfully used to install openldap with openssl?

RedHat is abysmal in keeping its packages up to date. I always build all of the packages completely from scratch. It isn't too difficult to do.

You might find this a useful resource:

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration>

--Quanah

--