Re: Replog 2GB file size limit on Linux ext3

--On Wednesday, June 09, 2004 12:34 PM -0700 Kenneth Leung <kleung@diversa.com> wrote:

Hello. I am running OpenLDAP server 2.0.27-11 on a RedHat Enterprise
Linux system for user authentication. I have a replication server which
is also a RH-EL box. Usually replication of directory changes works
fine. An issue I see is when slurpd's replog file on the master server
grows in size up to 2GB. At this point, slapd and slurpd crash on the
master server. The replog is stored on an ext3 filesystem with 12GB
space available, so I wouldn't think there would be a file size limit
problem at 2GB. Might there be a limitation with the OpenLDAP
implementation I have that does not like files larger than 2GB? The
installation of OpenLDAP was done using RPM packages from the RedHat
installation CDs.

OpenLDAP 2.0.27 is no longer supported. I suggest you research OpenLDAP 2.2.

In either case, you'll need to compile it with large file support.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer