Re: scaling openldap for performance

Also, you will need to make sure the OpenLDAP code is built with debugging enabled, and without having the symbol table stripped. The "make install" process usually strips the symbol table so you should copy the slapd executable by hand, or just run it from the build directory. It's also preferable if you turn off optimization when targeting the debugger, as a lot of the optimizations interfere with gdb's abilities. ("make AC_CFLAGS=-g" will override the default optimization flags)

The OpenLDAP 2.2.12 announcement is here, with Changes listed:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-announce/200406/msg00000.html

I'm not sure what will be relevant, there were a couple memory leaks fixed, but I don't know enough about your test run to know if you would have triggered those leaks.

Trevor Warren wrote:

Thanks a ton howard. Will have it tried out. Am
looking forward to testing 2.2.12. Couldn't find the
changelog for the same. You see any significant
patches that would make it more stable???. Especially
something to do with my scenarion.

-- -- Howard Chu Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support