Re: slapd - segmentation fault

tir, 25.05.2004 kl. 22.09 skrev Quanah Gibson-Mount:

> > I'm having an issue with my slapd process segmentation faulting.  I'm
> > currently running openldap 2.1.22 with Berkely Database version 4.1.25 on
> > Linux AS 2.1.  I am using the ldbm database.  The problem I'm seeing is
> > on consumers only and seems to occur whenever a large amount of changes
> > are being replicated to it from a supplier.  This occurs on multiple
> > consumers, but the point at which it segmentation faults is not
> > consistent.  I ran a couple of the servers with debug on and I am
> > enclosing the information that I was able to capture.  Any help would be
> > appreciated.
> 2.1.22 is particularly old and was a particularly buggy release.  I highly
> suggest upgrading to the lastest "stable" version (2.1.30) and seeing if
> the problem persists.

The problem would be, that OP probably wants to stick to RedHat's
offering or at least rpms, and RH doesn't offer anything else.

I was looking at Buchan Milne's Mandrake Openldap offering and that's
fantastic compared to RedHat's. Mandrake rpms mostly work fine on RedHat
- perhaps that's an alternative? OP should be aware that he should take
the BDB 4.2.52 as an obligatory part of any upgrade to 2.1.30.

We make out of the quarrel with others rhetoric
but out of the quarrel with ourselves, poetry.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl