OpenLDAP test fails - SASL version mismatch

Hi,

     I am having some trouble building and installing OpenLDAP. The environment and related

Components used are as follows:

Red Hat Linux 8.0

OpenLDAP 2.1.30

Berkeley DB 4.1.25

Cyrus SASL 2.1.18

I get an error message while running the tests.viz,

# make test

ln: `./data': cannot overwrite directory

make: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)

ln: `./schema': File exists

make: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)

ln: `ucdata/liblunicode': File exists

make: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)

Initiating LDAP tests for BDB...

running defines.sh

Datadir is ./data

Cleaning up in ./test-db...

Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...

Using ldapsearch to retrieve the root DSE...

Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...

Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...

make: *** [test-bdb] Interrupt

The output of the master.log file after running the above command is as shown below:

daemon_init: ldap://localhost:9009/

daemon_init: listen on ldap://localhost:9009/

daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...

ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap://localhost:9009/)

daemon: initialized ldap://localhost:9009/

daemon_init: 1 listeners opened

slapd init: initiated server.

slap_sasl_init: SASL version mismatch, got 2010007, wanted 2010012.

slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.

slapd stopped.

I have extensively gone through the mailing list archives and tried wutever was suggested. But nothing seemed

to work. I have tried out http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/345.html without success. As the master log file

suggest the version incompatibility of SASL. I read the discussion on this topic in the list archives

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200312/msg00227.html and the follow ups. But it did not help me

alleviate the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

 Srikant.