RE: OpenLDAP 2.2.10 locked up

--On Tuesday, May 18, 2004 11:08 AM -0500 Digant Kasundra <digant@uta.edu> wrote:

Yes, I am using ldapadd, not slapadd.

It does make me a bit nervous.  When I go into production, I'd like my
servers to last a little longer. :)  But since 2.2.10 is not the stable
release, I can understand.

So if there is nothing else to check, I'll go ahead and restart the server
and see if it finishes.

You could recompile slapd with debug symbols, re-run your adds, and if it locks up again, poke at it with gdb or something similar, and see if slapd has shown anything happening. For my slurpd & syncRepl problems, this has been particularly fruitful. In discussing the slurpd issue with Howard, he felt that the thread stack may be getting overwritten, but that is slurpd specific and not slapd related (unless the problem is in a library used by both slapd and slurpd).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer