alias and extensibleObject

Hi all,

I used to add aliases by combining them with a simple auxiliary object class
called name object with only a cn attribute. I didn't like this because I
didn't want to needlessly extend the standard schema.

Now I read that  I could use the extensibleObject auxiliary object class
to add _any_ attribute to an entry, so I tried the following:

ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,o=BigSmoke,c=NL" -x -w l33tp4ssw0rd
dn: cn=Popko Peter van der Molen,ou=Friends,ou=Contacts,o=BigSmoke,c=NL
objectClass: top
objectClass: alias
objectClass: extensibleObject
aliasedObjectName: cn=Popko Peter van der Molen,ou=van der
Molen,ou=Family,ou=Contacts,o=BigSmoke,c=NL
cn: Popko Peter van der Molen

adding new entry "cn=Popko Peter van der
Molen,ou=Friends,ou=Contacts,o=BigSmoke,c=NL"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=Popko Peter van der
Molen,ou=Friends,ou=Contacts,o=BigSmoke,c=NL
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: attribute "aliasedObjectName" not supported in