[Date Prev][Date Next]
Developing new syntaxes and ordering rules
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Developing new syntaxes and ordering rules
- From: John Borwick <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:02:16 -0400
- Organization: Wake Forest University
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 (X11/20040505)
Hello. I hope you are doing well.
I am interested in using a new syntax and a new ordering rule for
How does one go about creating a new syntax? Does it still require
changing to the openldap source code? Are there any documents available
that describe how to create a new syntax?
I have the same question for ordering and substring. Is it possible to
create an ordering or substring for a new syntax with openldap? Is
there any documentation about how to implement these filters?
The idea is that it would be nice to store IP (v4) addresses using
octets, and allow filters like
(myIpHostNumber=1.2.3*) ( as an example: just 1.2.3.* domains )
With the IDEAL being something like
(myIpHostNumber ~= 126.96.36.199/22 )
and also creating *another* set of syntax for CIDR strings.
Thanks for your attention.
John Borwick, Systems Administrator
Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem, NC, USA | web http://www.wfu.edu/~borwicjh
Description: OpenPGP digital signature