Re: slow search on indexed attribute

At my shop, people are constantly doing a single-character search on givenName,
because we only have one employee whose first name (Xiomara) starts with X.

See, Joe End-User doesn't understand database indexing and he knows that only
Zuparto, Zulcwowzwi, and Zltnk (out of the company's 12,000 users) have names
that start with Z.  So he just types "Z" and hits search...  From his point of
view, this should be faster, because he saved himself from laboriously typing
in that screwy eastern European name.

Just an observation.

--Charlie