Re: Subclassing inetOrgPerson

--On Monday, April 19, 2004 1:27 PM -0600 Mike Stockemer <Mike.Stockemer@neotool.com> wrote:

For our special situation I needed to have separate attributes for a given contacts multiple email addresses. So I subclassed inetOrgPerson and added two new attributes, mail2 and mail3, identical to the mail attribute of inetOrgPerson. If I do an ldapsearch like so

ldapsearch -x -b 'ou=people,dc=neotool,dc=com'
'mail=mike.stockemer@neotool.com'

The search is successfule and returns all attributes, even mail2 and
mail3 for contacts who have this information.  If I do the same search
with email2 I get an error :80 unknown error.

I'll comment with this:

You need to get an OID, create your own schema, and then extend with attributes that "belong" to you. You should never change/modify a core, RFC derived, schema.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer