Subclassing inetOrgPerson

For our special situation I needed to have separate attributes for a given contacts multiple email addresses.  So I subclassed inetOrgPerson and added two new attributes, mail2 and mail3, identical to the mail attribute of inetOrgPerson.  If I do an ldapsearch like so

ldapsearch -x -b 'ou=people,dc=neotool,dc=com'  'mail=mike.stockemer@neotool.com'

The search is successfule and returns all attributes, even mail2 and mail3 for contacts who have this information.  If I do the same
search with email2 I get an error :80 unknown error.

Here is the query that is constructed:

Constructed query: SELECT DISTINCT ldap_entries.id,contact1.accountno,'neoToolPerson' AS objectClass,ldap_entries.dn AS dn FROM ldap_entries,contact1,contsupp WHERE contact1.accountno=ldap_entries.keyval AND ldap_entries.oc_map_id=? AND upper(ldap_entries.dn) LIKE ? AND contsupp.rectype='P' and contsupp.contact='E-mail Address' and contact1.accountno = contsupp.accountno and contsupp.zip like '_0__' ORDER BY contsupref ASC AND (upper(TOP 1 contsupref)='MIKE.STOCKEMER@NEOTOOL.COM')
id: '1'
(sub)dn: "%OU=PEOPLE,DC=NEOTOOL,DC=COM"
backsql_oc_get_candidates(): error executing query
Return code: -1
Native error code: 156
SQL engine state: 37000

Is my problem the ASC, where I am trying to order the results?

Thanks,
--

Mike Stockemer, Support Engineer