Re: [debian-openldap] Re: your mail

* Torsten Landschoff (torsten@debian.org) wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 07:45:59AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > > I justed merged 2.1.29 into our repository (no conflicts). Test
> > > packages are being built at the moment. If those appear fine, I suggest
> > > that we upload them. Torsten, Stephan, what do you think?
> >
> > Please be sure to test SSL, TLS ability with these packages.  If those
> > are working well for you then I'd say go ahead and upload it.  I'm
> > getting conflicting reports about the success of such at the moment.
> > They're working for me and for at least one or two other people, but
> > another person is getting segfaults, but he rebuilt the packages himself
> > so that might be a different issue.
>
> As TLS/SSL is broken in unstable anyway I'd say just upload right away.
> It's not going to get worse, is it?

That's a good point.  Hopefully, though, we'd be able to close some of
the TLS/SSL bugs in the BTS with this upload if things are working.
It'd be good if someone could go through and merge all of the libltdl3
bugs, reassign them to libltdl3 and merge them with the already open bug
there.  This is the various "can't start, can't load back_ldbm.so, etc"
bugs that are open.  They're all because of a bug in libltdl3 upstream
that made it not think .so files were shared libraries. (*smirk)

	Stephen