Re: OpenLDAP fails on reboot

--On Thursday, April 08, 2004 3:09 PM -0500 Digant Kasundra <digant@uta.edu> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm running OpenLDAP 2.2.8 and bdb 4.2.52 on redhat enterprise linux as
3.0. When I first configured everything (namely the slapd.conf and the
DB_CONFIG files), and fired up OpenLDAP, it worked great.  I could bring
it up and down and up and down and up and down and it worked just fine.
But on reboot, it never comes up and I have to run db_recover first.
Afterwards, it runs just fine, until the next reboot.

slapd startup: initiated. bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(/usr/local/var/openldap-data) bdb(dc=uta,dc=edu): shmat: id 0: unable to attach to shared system memory region: Invalid argument bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: Invalid argument (22) backend_startup: bi_db_open(0) failed! (22) slapd shutdown: initiated ====> bdb_cache_release_all slapd shutdown: freeing system resources. bdb(dc=uta,dc=edu): txn_checkpoint interface requires an environment configured for the transaction subsystem bdb_db_destroy: txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22) slapd stopped. connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Here is the juicy stuff from my slapd.conf:

threads 20
lastmod on
database bdb
shm_key 5
checkpoint 1025 5
cachesize 50

(Note: I get the same problem with shm_key 8 and 4, etc, and checkpoint
should probably be 1024 but that didn't help matters eithers).

Here is the DB_CONFIG:
set_cachesize 0 25165824 1
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 262144

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you stop slapd before rebooting? Are you using a memory cache?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html