Re: OpenLDAP fails on reboot

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Digant Kasundra wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm running OpenLDAP 2.2.8 and bdb 4.2.52 on redhat enterprise linux as 3.0.
> When I first configured everything (namely the slapd.conf and the DB_CONFIG
> files), and fired up OpenLDAP, it worked great.  I could bring it up and
> down and up and down and up and down and it worked just fine.  But on
> reboot, it never comes up and I have to run db_recover first.  Afterwards,
> it runs just fine, until the next reboot.

How were you "bring[ing] it up and down"?

I can't speak for RHES 3.0 (although I will be able to soon),
but on RedHat 9.0 the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap script kills slapd with a
kill -9 instead of the kill -INT prescribed by the Admin Guide here:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/runningslapd.html#Stopping slapd

--
Kirk Turner-Rustin
Information Systems