Re: sasl libraries

At 11:18 AM 4/8/2004, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>At 10:09 AM 4/8/2004, Ang, Melissa wrote:
>>If I'm going to be installing openldap client tools without the server. Is it possible to use sasl without compiling the cyrus library?
>
>Yes. --without-cyrus-sasl

In regards to OpenLDAP provided clients, this flag will disable
all support for SASL services in the clients.  Also, ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s() won't be available in the library.

However, your clients still can implement SASL mechanisms themselves
through use of ldap_sasl_bind_s() and other low-level calls.  But
I generally don't recommend that approach.