[Date Prev][Date Next]
Stopping qmail from pounding ldap server
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Stopping qmail from pounding ldap server
- From: Lyle Worthington <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:32:25 -0500
- Organization: Skylist, Inc.
- User-agent: Opera7.20/Win32 M2 build 3144
Ive set up ldap for all of our unix/windows servers to authenticate
against, however every incoming mail is querying the ldap database. We
use RedHat Linux 7.3 and QMail SMTPD for incoming mail. The problem is we
have a lot of mail servers and none of the incoming addresses will ever be
found in our database (since it is currently only being used for
authentication on the servers) Is there a way to make qmail not look up
anything through ldap?
nsswitch.conf: only password, shadow, group list 'ldap'
I have nscd running - but this is not cutting down the number of queries
enough to keep the server from getting bogged down.