RE: password synchronzation

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 12:27, Simon Oliver wrote:
> Is there an openLDAP interface (perhaps perl-backend) that will allow me to
> intercept LDAP password changes so that I can distribute the changes to all
> my other systems (assume I have the tools to update the other systems'
> passwords).

This is the method used by the (recently opensourced) ldapguru tools
pwsynch and wpsynch.
https://pwsynch.dev.java.net/
http://www.ldapguru.com/content/view/45/65/

I'd be interested in feedback from anyone who has implemented this

essentially it uses a dll to intercept password changes in the windows
domain which updates the LDAP master, the master then slurps the changes
to a perl backend slave running on the windows server that updates the
windows passwords. (as I see it).

GREG

--
Greg Matthews