RE: password synchronzation

Is there an openLDAP interface (perhaps perl-backend) that will allow me to
intercept LDAP password changes so that I can distribute the changes to all
my other systems (assume I have the tools to update the other systems'
passwords).

For example, I could write a perl script to check the password strength and
then update all my other systems and LDAP.  Where/how can I slot this script
into openLDAP?

--
  Simon Oliver