Re: EduPerson - Help

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, cody wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to implant EduPerson schema and wondering who has
> experienced doing that. Could you give us some help? We are using Linux
> 9.

We are using eduPerson 1.00. When I downloaded the schema file from
the Web site (June 2002), I found that was written for use with LDAP
servers that allow schema updates via LDIF. OpenLDAP doesn't allow this,
so you'll have to edit the schema file for OpenLDAP. I did the following:

1.  Changed "attributetypes:" to "attributetype"
2.  Changed "objectclasses:" to "objectclass"
3.  Removed the trailing dollar sign from the last token in the
    eduPerson objectclass definition at the end of the edited file.
4.  Removed the trailing space from the right of the closing parenthesis
    at the end of the eduPerson objectclass declaration.
5.  Possibly other stuff. I don't recall.

Then I just included the edited schema file in slapd.conf and restarted
slapd as normal.

You should probably take additional questions about eduPerson to the
eduLDAP list:

(It would be nice to start getting some traffic on that list!)

--
Kirk Turner-Rustin
Information Systems