[Date Prev][Date Next]
Alternative to slappasswd
- To: Openldap list <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Alternative to slappasswd
- From: David Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:33:08 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624
I am looking for an alternative to slappasswd that:
1. Supports reading clear-text passwords from stdin.
2. Is common or easily obtainable on *nix machines.
3. Supports at least MD5, CRYPT, SMD5, SHA, SHA1.
Before you ask: No, slappasswd does not support reading from stdin. It
reads from the tty.