Re: sn/surname mess. Need your opinion

--On Wednesday, March 10, 2004 5:55 AM +0100 Vadim Tarassov <vadim.tarassov@swissonline.ch> wrote:

Hallo Quanah,

thanx for reply. If I understand it correctly your ITS has been closed 1
year ago saying that what you propose can be done. I made my test with OL
2.1.25, in that release OpenLDAP does not still behave correctly,
therefore I suspect it's not behaving correctly in whole 2.1.x brunch. I
also know from your posts that you have done a lot of tests with 2.2.x
releases. Does this problem remain also there?

Hi Vadim,

The real issue is that the alternative names for the attributes you are using really are not supported going forward, and could be dropped. Therefore you client really shouldn't be using them. That aside, I never actually tested any of the proposed solutions, we corrected our client. Are you sure that in your test you did what was suggested in that thread?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer