Re: Require use of SSL..

> > And speaking of SSL, I have another issue I'd like to discuss. Okay,
when I
> > generate a cert I specify the hostname. This locks the SSL cert to that
> > hostname. For the LDAP service I am using RRDNS. So I have servers like
> > dir1, dir2, dir3, but the service is connected to as dir. So this means
> > I create the cert I need to create it as "dir" and use that cert for
> > dir2, dir3.
> >
> > When specifying a replica host I need to specify the real hostname
> > dir2). I can't specify dir since this will result in a RRDNS hit which
> > definitely lead to replication failing. (For one thing, you can't
> > to yourself.)
> >
> > Is there a solution?
> Yes, 'subjectAltName' in openssl.cnf

I wonder though if I even need to worry. The only time I have this issue is
when I define the host in the replica stanza. I generated all of the certs
using ldap.domain. In the replica stanza I have to put the real hostname
since ldap.domain is RRDNS for two servers (the master and slave). So I put
host=ldap-slave.domain. Does slurpd try to verify that the cert matches the
hostname? Will TLS for slurpd work anyway if it doesn't?