Require use of SSL..

I have been studying 'require' for slapd, but it doesn't appear to do what I
want. Hopefully someone can help here. I want to force all connections to be
over SSL. Is there an easy way to do this? I know that OpenLDAP supports
both ldaps (just ldap over SSL on port 636 from what I can see) and StartTLS
(port 389). What I can't see is how to enforce the use of StartTLS. Also, is
there any reason why this would be a bad idea? We are using LDAP mostly to
auth user logins (not yet actually).