Re: configuration so a search base is not required from an email client

Quoting Scott Dutton <sdutto01@yahoo.com>:

> can we get directory clients to use this as the default search path?
> I looked into the "base ou=users,dc=example,dc=com" statement in the
> ldap.conf but that is not working out.

For the server: man slapd.conf
       defaultsearchbase <dn>
              Specify a default search base to use when client submits a non-base search request with an empty base
              DN.

For the client: man ldap.conf
       BASE <base>
                 Used  to  specify  the  default  base DN to use when performing ldap operations.  The base must be
                 specified as a Distinguished Name in LDAP format.