Re: Library version naming confusion

søn, 22.02.2004 kl. 17.01 skrev Jens Vagelpohl:

> For reference and so that people can find it in the archives, here's
> what I did to create a "working" set of RPMs. "Working" because I am
> sure I missed something somewhere, and what I did is likely to offend
> some peoples' sensibilities ;)

[...]>> Apologies if this is a FAQ somewhere. I am noticing that when I

> DISCLAIMER: Don't blame me if you build and install these RPMs and your
> system becomes unstable/unusable...

Maybe you should warn people about the serious log file corruption
problems that can occur with RedHat RHEL3 and Openldap 2.2.5 / BDB
4.2.52 + 2 patches, which would prevent me ever looking at it for
production, though I'm running it on this test rig. And no, 2.1.16 does
not exhibit those problems with the same libraries.

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl