Re: Library version naming confusion

søn, 22.02.2004 kl. 17.01 skrev Jens Vagelpohl:

> For reference and so that people can find it in the archives, here's
> what I did to create a "working" set of RPMs. "Working" because I am
> sure I missed something somewhere, and what I did is likely to offend
> some peoples' sensibilities ;)

[...]>> Apologies if this is a FAQ somewhere. I am noticing that when I

> DISCLAIMER: Don't blame me if you build and install these RPMs and your
> system becomes unstable/unusable...

Maybe you should warn people about the serious log file corruption
problems that can occur with RedHat RHEL3 and Openldap 2.2.5 / BDB
4.2.52 + 2 patches, which would prevent me ever looking at it for
production, though I'm running it on this test rig. And no, 2.1.16 does
not exhibit those problems with the same libraries.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl