Re: Creating "symbolic-links" in the ldap-tree

In a message dated: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:28:34 +0100
"F.J.Bosscha" said:
>In unix terminology I would call it a symbolic link.
>
>How can I make this this to work.

Another way could be to create 'groups' and make everyone members of
the groups.

Not that you have the choice or ability to change your LDAP
hierarchy, but I prefer to not group people by organization, since
they can move, or as you've discovered, be located in multiple orgs.

I'm setting my  hierarchy up such that 'people' end up under a
'people' objectClass, then I have 'groups' for things like QA,
Development, Management, etc.  This way, if one person moves from
group to group, I need to just change their group designator, but if
they are in multiple groups simultaneously, it's easy to list them
that way too.

Just some thoughts I've had that might be useful to you or others on
this list facing similar dilemmas.
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE