Re: Creating "symbolic-links" in the ldap-tree

use the objectclass alias with the attribute aliasedObjectName (core.schema) and
add in ldap.conf (client) the value DEREF searching. See also man ldap.conf

dn: cn=user,ou=institute2,ou=employees
objectclass: alias
aliasedObjectName: cn=Boer F.J. de,ou=institute1,ou=employees,o=NHL,c=nl

Jürgen

F.J.Bosscha schrieb:

I think the following is quit simple, but I can’t find the way to solve it.

We have an open-ldap version 2.2 running.

I would like to do the following:

The following entry exists:

dn: cn=Boer F.J. de,ou=institute1,ou=employees,o=NHL,c=nl

objectClass: top

objectClass: person

objectClass: organizationalPerson

objectClass: inetOrgPerson

ou: institute1

cn: Boer F.J. de

cn: F.J. de Boer

givenName: Frank

initials: F.J.

sn: Boer

personalTitle: Bacc.

mobile: +31 6 23128068

homePostalAddress: Molenstraat 6 $ 9062 ek Oenkerk

homePhone: +31 58 244312334

displayName: F.J. de Boer

title: beleidsadviseur

roomNumber: F215

employeeNumber: 99999999

telephoneNumber: +31 58 2313414

facsimileTelephoneNumber: +31 5132131174

o: NHL

st: Fryslan

Because this person can only be found in the ou=institute1,ou=employees,….. tree, I would also like the be it visible in the following tree: ou=institute2,ou=employees,….

In unix terminology I would call it a symbolic link.

How can I make this this to work.

Freerk Bosscha

Noordelijke Hogeschool Leeuwarden

The Netherlands

dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
believed to be clean.
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers <http://www.transtec.co.uk/> for their support.

-- Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jürgen Magin

# # # OCTOGON Software Development GmbH #
# http://www.octo-soft.de #
# #
# Jürgen Magin, Einsteinstr. 11, D 68519 Viernheim #
# #
# Tel : +49 6204/914874 #
# Fax : +49 6204/914875 #
# EMail : gaston@octo-soft.de #