Re: OpenLDAP and BIG mail environments

--On Thursday, February 12, 2004 3:05 PM -0600 Micah Anderson <micah@riseup.net> wrote:

> files form the /var partition since they are probably all cached in
> memory anyways?

The main thing in 2.1 to think about, disk wise, is that your BDB log
files  should be kept on a separate disk from your DB itself.  We have 2
drives,  and /db is the only partition on the second drive.
/var/log/bdb is located  on the first drive.

I mainly do this to decrease the amount of time it takes to slapadd a database. It can significantly drop the DB load time if you need to restore the DB from LDIF.

Thanks for your configuration advice, it helps to compare other's
setups and what they have been able to do with it.

Glad to note it. :)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount